Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I scoured Recipezaar to find the best ingredients/quantities to make a white chili without red ingredients (no beef, chili powder, tomato products) and came up with a winner. I delivered this to a friend who recently had a baby and her husband declared it one of the best meals he's ever had! My husband also loved it but requested an extra teaspoon of cumin next time--you be the judge.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (14 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (or other white beans)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Saute chicken, onions, garlic, peppers, and seasonings (cumin, oregano, cayenne, salt) in olive oil on medium high for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Stir in broth and beans, increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve as is, or top with grated cheese. Goes well with corn muffins.