4 hrs 45 mins
4 hrs 15 mins
Chef #771228's Note:
Basic white chicken chili recipe made to my own taste preferences.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless & skinless, cubed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces frozen corn kernels, rinsed with cold water and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 onion, large, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed (or diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (5 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in saute pan. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Remove and drain chicken; wipe pan clean.
- 2Heat other 1 tablespoon oil in pan and saute onions and garlic until soft, but not brown.
- 3Place chicken, onion mixture, beans and chicken broth in slow cooker. Add seasonings and stir.
- 4Cook on low for 4 hours. If you want it thicker, mix a small amount of corn starch and cold water (1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon ratio) and add slowly to chili at the end while it is still cooking in the slow cooker.
- 5Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, grated cheese and/or green onion if desired.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chicken Chili in Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.2
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 1567.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 46.0 g