Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs 15 mins
Basic white chicken chili recipe made to my own taste preferences.
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless & skinless, cubed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces frozen corn kernels, rinsed with cold water and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 onion, large, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed (or diced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (5 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- sour cream
- grated cheese
- green onion
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in saute pan. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Remove and drain chicken; wipe pan clean.
- Heat other 1 tablespoon oil in pan and saute onions and garlic until soft, but not brown.
- Place chicken, onion mixture, beans and chicken broth in slow cooker. Add seasonings and stir.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. If you want it thicker, mix a small amount of corn starch and cold water (1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon ratio) and add slowly to chili at the end while it is still cooking in the slow cooker.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, grated cheese and/or green onion if desired.