Recipe by 4rugrats
Quick and easy just to throw together, my family loves this recipe. Great spices and taste
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, plus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups defatted chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I season my chicken breasts before grilling them)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until softened.
- Add spices and stir over low heat to mingle flavors.
- Turn up heat and whisk in 2 3/4 C broth.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining 1/4 C broth and cornstarch to make a paste.
- Bring broth in pot to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer; adding cornstarch mixture and stirring until broth thickens.
- Add chicken, beans and yogurt and simmer gently until just heated through.
- Serve with salsa, grated low-fat cheese and chopped cilantro.