Recipe by Tish Cramer
This awesome find came from the "Fix It and Forget It Cookbook" by Good Books. I got to test this recipe before the book was published. My kids love this hearty, tasty, easy soup that's a meal in itself.
Top Review by johnnie terry
Thanks for a great recipe. I took it to a neighborhood chili dinner where each person brought a different recipe. It was a hit and my hubby is eating the last bowl now. I used cannaloni beans, grean chilis (instead of jalapeno)and added a can of cream of chicken to make it a little thicker. What a nice, different soup.
- 45 ounces canned great northern beans, drained
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped orange bell peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups yellow bell peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded & chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, more as needed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- sour cream
- grated cheddar cheese
- tostitoes bite sized rounds tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except last 3, in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Top individual servings with sour cream and cheese and serve with chips.
- You don't have to use that brand but we think they are the best with this dish.