Recipe by Shelly R
This is more of a soup than a chili. It is super easy and everyone that I have ever served it to loved it.
- 4 chicken breasts or 2 (12 ounce) cans chicken
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (11 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn, undrained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed basil
- salt & pepper
- white tortilla chips
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- chopped green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken in broth with garlic and onions.
- Remove chicken to cool.
- Add the next 7 ingredients to broth.
- Chop chicken and put back in soup mix.
- Simmer 20- 30 minutes (or longer, depending on richness of broth).
- To serve, put 1/3 cup of chips in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Ladle chili over chips and cheese.
- Garnish with more cheese, green onions, sour cream, etc.
- (I usually cook in crock pot for several hours, but can be cooked on stove top).