Easy, delicious chili with a bit of a spicy bite. A friend served this to me one day and I fell in love with it.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- In large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic poweder in oil til chicken is no longer pink.
- Add beans, chilies and seasonings and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and whipping cream.
- Serve immediately.