Recipe by Bonnie LaBrake
This was a recipe that a friend gave me. It takes a while to prepare, but definately worth the wait!!!! Enjoy!!!!
Top Review by nursraerae_10870211
This tastes fantastic. Several families camp with us and each night we take turns cooking. I made this our last campout and I was told I have to make this again. It doubles very easily. I usually add a can or corn, and add whatever cheese I have on hand, mexican, colby jack or cheddar. Thanks Bonnie
- 1 lb white beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 medium onions, chopped finely
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine white beans, chicken broth, minced garlic, and one of the chopped onions in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
- Cover and simmer for two hours.
- While beans are cooking, saute remaining onion in oil, add the chicken, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Add chicken mixture to the beans after the 2 hour bean cooking time has elapsed.
- Add the chilies and simmer for one hour more.
- Add the moterey jack cheese as a garnish.