Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Despite the long list of ingredients, this chili is easy to make, and is very delicious and hearty!
Make and share this White Chicken Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 roasted chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon pickled chile, diced
- 3 ounces flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon garlic and red chile paste
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans
- 1 tomatoes, 2 chopped green onions, 4 oz Mexican cheese blend, to garnish
- Season chicken with spices and salt.
- Heat oil, brown chicken, then remove and set aside.
- Heat more oil and melt butter, sautee onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add poblano and picked chilis, cook 1 minute.
- Add flour stirring, for 2 minute.
- Add chicken stock, gradually, whisking.
- Add salsa Verde, Chili paste and tabasco.
- Allow to.simmer, return chicken to pan.
- Simmer 10 min, add cream and beans.
- serve and garnish with chopped tomato, green onions and cheese.