Recipe by Buster's friend
Brought by DF who plans to make it with leftover turkey. The recipe called for using rotisserie chicken but any leftover roasted chicken will likely do. We both plan to add the cheese on top to individual bowls rather than cooking in as the directions seem to suggest.
- 946.36 ml chicken, cooked rotisserie
- 439.41-878.83 g great northern beans, cooked (1 - 2 cans)
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 473.18-709.77 ml monterey jack cheese
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 113.39 g green chilies, diced (canned)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 9.85 ml oregano, crushed
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 14.78 ml ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion in small amount of water in a large Dutch oven/stock pot (I'll be using some olive oil instead of water here).
- Add remaining ingredients and spices.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low & simmer to allow flavors to blend (watch carefully for sticking/scorching if you add all that cheese to the pot). Will be ready once simmered for 15 minutes.