Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Brought by DF who plans to make it with leftover turkey. The recipe called for using rotisserie chicken but any leftover roasted chicken will likely do. We both plan to add the cheese on top to individual bowls rather than cooking in as the directions seem to suggest.
- 4 cups chicken, cooked rotisserie
- 15 1⁄2-31 ounces great northern beans, cooked (1 - 2 cans)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 -3 cups monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced (canned)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- Cook onion in small amount of water in a large Dutch oven/stock pot (I'll be using some olive oil instead of water here).
- Add remaining ingredients and spices.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low & simmer to allow flavors to blend (watch carefully for sticking/scorching if you add all that cheese to the pot). Will be ready once simmered for 15 minutes.