Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This taste just like the one Ruby Tuesday restaurant makes. Off the can of Bush Beans Great Northern Bean can with a couple modifications. This is just incredible!
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 113.39 g chopped green chilies, drained
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 2 (907.18 g) can great northern beans, drained
- 396.89 g can tomatoes with onion and garlic, drained
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 354.88 ml shredded chicken breasts
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 44.37 ml flour
- In large skillet, cook onion in oil until transparent. Add chilies, flour and cumin. Cook and stir for a couple minutes. Add beans, diced tomatoes, chicken broth and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Add chicken and cook till hot.
- Garnish with some cheddar cheese or a tad of sour cream.
Great light chili! I love cumin and it's flavor really came through in this. I left out the onions and used a generous amount of crushed red pepper flakes. This was quick and easy to make too - a great weeknight meal - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009