Recipe by dekota1997
This soup is so warm and comforting. My family requests this all year long. We often make this during the summer over an open fire. Everyone loves it and asks for the recipe.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in small cubes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (48 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 10 -15 jalapenos, sliced chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans (don't drain)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons flour
- sour cream
- black olives, sliced
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- green onion, chopped
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet heat olive oil over high heat and saute chicken until completely done.
- While cooking chicken in a large pot melt butter and saute onions until soft, add jalepeno and saute for 2 minutes, add cumin, and flour.
- Cook for an additional 2 or 3 minutes until flour is cooked.
- Add chicken broth a little at a time wisking to prevent flour from clumping.
- Once all the chicken broth has been added, add the white beans and chicken.
- Note any broth that has formed with the chicken add as well.
- Cook over low to medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with additional suggested toppings breaking chips into soup!