Recipe by Epi Curious
This is the result of trial and error...with many white chili recipes. Great comfort food on a cold winter day.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken breasts (or the meat of one rotisserie chicken)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 (14 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- hot sauce (a few generous dashes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the chicken breasts at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let them cool and cut or tear into bite size pieces. Alternately, take the meat from a rotisserie chicken. Add to chicken stock.
- Combine chicken broth, white northern beans, white kidney beans, cumin, oregano, chili powder, red pepper and hot sauce in a 6 quart stock pot.
- Saute garlic and onions in olive oil until tender. Add green onions and saute 2 more minutes. Add to other ingredients.
- Cook for an hour on low heat.
- For hotter chili, make the night before and serve the next day.