1 hr 20 mins
Epi Curious's Note:
This is the result of trial and error...with many white chili recipes. Great comfort food on a cold winter day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless chicken breasts (or the meat of one rotisserie chicken)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 (14 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- hot sauce (a few generous dashes)
- 1Bake the chicken breasts at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let them cool and cut or tear into bite size pieces. Alternately, take the meat from a rotisserie chicken. Add to chicken stock.
- 2Combine chicken broth, white northern beans, white kidney beans, cumin, oregano, chili powder, red pepper and hot sauce in a 6 quart stock pot.
- 3Saute garlic and onions in olive oil until tender. Add green onions and saute 2 more minutes. Add to other ingredients.
- 4Cook for an hour on low heat.
- 5For hotter chili, make the night before and serve the next day.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.7
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 727.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 46.7 g