Recipe by Chad Wicker
I have used substitutions myself on this recipe, such as cream of mushroom vs. chicken, as well as using fresh beans and peppers vs. canned. It works out great either way. So I am posting it using cans for ease.
Top Review by oreogirl12
Wow, this was so good! I made it with only one can of broth for thicker soup, and added some carrots! I made hommade bread to along, and the hubby ate 2 bowls full! Thanks so much.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 2 (4 ounce) cansof chopped green chili peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in very deep frying pan. Cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook chicken for approximately 10 minutes until done.
- Remove chicken and allow to cool. Drain water from frying pan.
- In the same pan add olive oil and onion over medium high heat. Stir constantly, as not to brown for about two minutes. Add chili peppers, garlic, cayenne pepper, ground cloves, salt and oregano. Stir constantly as not to brown for about two minutes.
- Add chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and beans. Mix well, until consistent.
- Allow to simmer over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
- While this is simmering, cut the chicken into cubes. After 15 minutes, add chicken. Continue to simmer for about 30 minutes to heat through. Prior to serving stir in Monterey Jack cheese and allow to thicken.
- Serve with additional Monterey Jack if desired. Salt and pepper to taste.