Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I found this recipe in a prevention cookbook. This chili is good for when you want something different.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups baked corn tortilla chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until tender.
- Place chicken, onion, and garlic in crockpot.
- Add wine, beans, mustard powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
- Place servings into bowl (If using tortilla chips put them in bowl first).
- Sprinkle with cheese and add sour cream.
This SCREAMS 6 *s It was sooo good. I couldnt belive the taste. I did make some changes. I boiled the chicken in water, to omit the oil. I also doubled the cumin, pepper, and mustard and put it all in the crockpot on high for 3 hours. It turned out so wonderful! I didnt use any chips, sour cream or cheese...the taste was fabulous by itself and I wanted to savor it! Thanks for a keeper!
Ohhhhh Shari2!!!!! Did this ever hit the spot! We had a cold rainy day and I thought perfect to make your White Chicken Chili. I made it exactly as you stated and it was tummy-patting good. I recommend this to everyone. :-)
I took this recipe up a notch to spicy. I did use chicken stock, leftover chicken, diced smoked sausage, can of green chilies, pinch of cayenne pepper and a couple slashes of hot sauce. Simmered 5 hours in the crock pot. Excellent. Good base recipe.