I found this recipe in a prevention cookbook. This chili is good for when you want something different.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups baked corn tortilla chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until tender.
- Place chicken, onion, and garlic in crockpot.
- Add wine, beans, mustard powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
- Place servings into bowl (If using tortilla chips put them in bowl first).
- Sprinkle with cheese and add sour cream.