1/1 Photo of White Chicken Chili
1 hr 30 mins
This is the best white chicken chili ever! It can be medium spicy to very spicy, so adjust your peppers to your taste! This is so so wonderful and definitely a comfort food. It's great leftover as well. Also, make sure to adjust amount of chicken broth to your liking, it can go from very hearty, to a more soupy texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 3 jalapenos
- 3 poblano peppers
- 3 anaheim chilies
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 7.39 ml coriander
- 2 (850.48 g) can cannellini beans, drained
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 3 limes, juice of
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1Heat oil in large skillet.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook in hot skillet 4 minutes without moving on each side. Reserve 1 tablespoons fat from skillet, and set aside.
- 3Discard skin and remove chicken to a plate.
- 4In food processor, mix 2 of the jalapenos, 2 of the poblanos, 2 of the anaheims, and all of the sliced onion into a chunky salsa. (you may have to do this in 2 batches).
- 5With reserved chicken fat, sautee the pepper/chili/onion mix, minced garlic, cumin, coriander, and salt for 10 minutes.
- 6Transfer 1 cup of the sauteed mix to empty food processor. Add 1 cup beans, 1 cup broth and mix 20 seconds.
- 7Add remaining sauteed mix, veggie/broth mix, remaining broth, and chicken breasts to large pot, and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- 8Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 9Into pot, stir remaining beans, simmer 10 minutes.
- 10When chicken is cool, shred, then add back to pot.
- 11Mince remaining jalapeno, poblano, and anaheim, and add to pot.
- 12Stir in lime juice, cilantro, green onions and return to simmer 10 minutes.
- 13Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 14Serve with sour cream, tortilla chips, and lime wedges.
- 15***If you are using thighs instead of breasts, increase cooking time from 20 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.7
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 947.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 59.7 g