Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
This is the best white chicken chili ever! It can be medium spicy to very spicy, so adjust your peppers to your taste! This is so so wonderful and definitely a comfort food. It's great leftover as well. Also, make sure to adjust amount of chicken broth to your liking, it can go from very hearty, to a more soupy texture.
Top Review by sabrina_keller
This chili is FABULOUS! So good. I made as is, didn't make any changes and it was a hit. My roommate had two bowls, and my guest had three bowls, lol.
This will be a regular in my home.
Thank you so much for sharing...YUM
- 3 lbs chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 jalapenos
- 3 poblano peppers
- 3 anaheim chilies
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook in hot skillet 4 minutes without moving on each side. Reserve 1 tablespoons fat from skillet, and set aside.
- Discard skin and remove chicken to a plate.
- In food processor, mix 2 of the jalapenos, 2 of the poblanos, 2 of the anaheims, and all of the sliced onion into a chunky salsa. (you may have to do this in 2 batches).
- With reserved chicken fat, sautee the pepper/chili/onion mix, minced garlic, cumin, coriander, and salt for 10 minutes.
- Transfer 1 cup of the sauteed mix to empty food processor. Add 1 cup beans, 1 cup broth and mix 20 seconds.
- Add remaining sauteed mix, veggie/broth mix, remaining broth, and chicken breasts to large pot, and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Into pot, stir remaining beans, simmer 10 minutes.
- When chicken is cool, shred, then add back to pot.
- Mince remaining jalapeno, poblano, and anaheim, and add to pot.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro, green onions and return to simmer 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with sour cream, tortilla chips, and lime wedges.
- ***If you are using thighs instead of breasts, increase cooking time from 20 to 40 minutes.