Recipe by MsSally
This is another family favorite. This uses bone in chicken thighs, but you can used boneless thighs if you want to. I like the flavor of the dark meat in this chilli, but you can use white meat if you want. From Betty Crocker.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for Recipe Swap #18 Aus/NZ. This defininitely is comfort food! I did make a few changes but nothing that would change the outcome of the recipe. I had a turkey breast in my freezer that needed to be used so I cooked it ahead of time in my crockpot because I also wanted some cut up turkey for my lunch. I also cooked this on top of the stove because I'm gone too long during the day to really use my crock pot with good results. I used 12 ounces of cut up turkey and 3 cups of chicken broth instead of a 14 oz can and everything else was the same. The family enjoyed it and gave it "thumbs up" Another soup to add to my repetoire! Thanks for posting this Ms Sally!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove as much fat from chicken as possible. Place chicken in bottom of cockpot. Mix onion, garlic, broth, spices and red pepper sauce. Pour over chicken and cook on low 4 to 5 hours or till chicken is done.
- Remove chicken and cool slightly. Strip chicken from bones with two forks and roughly chop.
- Add back to broth mixture in crock pot and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low another 15 to 20 minutes.