Recipe by Lauren88
This is the only chili that I eat because well for some reason I cant stand beans, so this is perfect for non bean lovers. This recipe can from a good friend of the family and is percent to make in the crock pot and now that the weather is growing chilly.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made your recipe as given, for this first time around, & we were very happy with it, don't get me wrong! However, another time I'll probably add more beans! We're big on having chicken breasts in our diet, as well as beans, to this recipe for chili will be a very nice addition for our eating pleasure! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1⁄2 lb pinto beans
- 1 large chopped and sauteed onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white pepper
- 2 -4 ounces green peppers
- 5 cut up up chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups mountry monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions in 4 T butter,.
- In separate heavy pan heat remaining butter and whisk flour.
- Cook whisking constantly for 3 min with out browning.
- Stir in onions and gradually add broth and milk, whisking constantly.
- Bring to boil, and simmer 5 minute.
- Stir in Tabasco, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add beans, chilies, chicken and cheese.
- Simmer 20 minutes (or low on slow cooker).
- Stir in sour cream before serving.