Recipe by loof
Great for those cool fall nights!
Top Review by Annacia
If there is such a thing as a light chili this is it. The flavors are bright and lovely and it didn't sit heavy in the tummy after lunch. I made a half recipe of the chili and 4 corn muffins (not sweetened) for an excellent mid-day munch and have leftovers and 3 muffins for tomorrow (or maybe tonight?). I'm so glad that I tried this :D.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesfrozen white shoepeg corn
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans (white)
- crushed corn chips
- shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pan combine water, 1 tsp cumin, lemon pepper, and chicken breasts. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer until chicken is cooked (30-45 minutes).
- Remove chicken from pot and shred or cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Remove fat from broth, then put broth and chicken back into soup pot.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add minced garlic and chopped onion and saute until onions are tender.
- Add onions, corn, green chilis (undrained), 1 tsp cumin, and lime juice to the soup pot and bring the entire mixture to a boil.
- Add beans (undrained) and cook until heated through.
- To serve, put some crushed chips and shredded Monterey Jack cheese in a bowl, then spoon chili over top.