Recipe by Lil' Stevie
I got this recipe off of a can of Bush's Great Northern beans. It is really hearty and warms you up on those cold winter nights. It is a very low fat meal.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (16 ounce) cansbush's best great northern beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breasts
- shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent. Add chilies, flour and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until hot.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream and salsa, if desired.