Recipe by LilianaLynnsMama
Very good when its cold outside! So easy! I sometimes add more beans--different varieties of white beans.
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and garlic in oil until tender in stockpot.
- Add chicken broth, beans, chilies, seasonings, and chicken.
- Mix thoroughly and simmer for one hour.
- Stir in cheese slowly and sour cream until melted.
- Garnish, if desired, with tomatoes and sour cream.