Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I actually got the recipe from my best friend. My daughter loves it.
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) canof chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn (we prefer mexicorn)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (like Rotel)
- In large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent.
- Add chilies, flour and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to large cooking pot, and add beans and chicken broth.
- Add corn and diced tomatoes & green chilies; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken; cook until hot.
- Garnish with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Made this with leftover turkey and it was wonderful.
My boyfriend loved this. I thought it was ok but not spicy enough. I used leftover grilled chicken and leftover corn on the cob that I cut off the cob instead of a can of corn. I also used fresh tomatillos from the garden instead of canned tomatoes. Next time I'll probably add some chopped garlic and jalapenos to spice it up more.