Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with a green salad and baked tortilla chips.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans white beans
- 2 lbs cooked cubed chicken breasts
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil or skip the oil and sauté in a little of the chicken both.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with fat free sour cream (optional) and chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips and a green salad.
This was a nice meal. I used leftover chicken breast from a baked chicken and had to sub rotel tomatoes for the chillis (only because i had no ortega chillis). I also used one can of each white beans, navy beans and cannolli beans. I did add salt and pepper amd i will fix this again. Thank you for posting ngibson :)
I needed something to bring to funeral and this fit the bill. I doubled everything except the cayenne pepper. The taste was not too spicy, but you could taste it. I've add this to my rotation.