Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A good basic chicken and rice casserole. A bit rich and probably not good for diets but it tastes good!
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Combine all ingredients except bread and butter. Pour into a greased casserole.
- Combine melted butter and bread crumbs. Spread on top of casserole. (you could also use cracker crumbs if you prefer).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This was really good. I made this for our store to serve for lunch and it went over very well. I followed the recipe excatly and it turned out great. If I were making it for me I would probably use a little less mayo and no lemon juice...just my personal preference but other than that a great dish.
Wonderful, rich and creamy meal. What's not like about sour cream and mayo?? This is a keeper in my book. Thanks.....