Recipe by PrincessSarahNP
A mild flavored, easy to make, lasagna that is sure to be a hit with family members. Great for after the holidays, using up leftovers. Every time I make this, I get asked for the recipe. Enjoy!
Top Review by Frankenchef
Excellente! I was concerned that subb'ing powered parm for grated would detract from the taste. I was wrong! Highly recommended...my husband loved it...more importantly, I loved it!
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 177.44 ml butter
- 236.59 ml flour
- 44.37 ml dried onion, minced
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 946.36-1182.95 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml milk
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 170.09 g can mushrooms, sliced
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, diced
- 170.09 g cooked ham, sliced thinly
- 473.18 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in boiling water, according to package directions. Drain.
- In Large saucepan, melt butter.
- Into butter, blend flour, onion, garlic and pepper.
- Add broth and milk.
- Cook, stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Stir mushrooms into remaining sauce.
- Place layer of 3 noodles over sauce in pan.
- Then top with chicken, 1/2 spinach, 1/3 shredded mozzarella cheese, and 2 cups of sauce.
- Next, layer 3 more noodles, followed by ham, 1/2 spinach, 1/3 mozzarella cheese, and 2 cups of sauce.
- Next, layer final 3 lasagna noodles, followed by 2 cups sauce, and final 1/3 mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake in 350°F oven until heated through. (about 30-40 minutes).