Recipe by PrincessSarahNP
A mild flavored, easy to make, lasagna that is sure to be a hit with family members. Great for after the holidays, using up leftovers. Every time I make this, I get asked for the recipe. Enjoy!
Top Review by Frankenchef
Excellente! I was concerned that subb'ing powered parm for grated would detract from the taste. I was wrong! Highly recommended...my husband loved it...more importantly, I loved it!
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons dried onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 -5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 6 ounces cooked ham, sliced thinly
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in boiling water, according to package directions. Drain.
- In Large saucepan, melt butter.
- Into butter, blend flour, onion, garlic and pepper.
- Add broth and milk.
- Cook, stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Stir mushrooms into remaining sauce.
- Place layer of 3 noodles over sauce in pan.
- Then top with chicken, 1/2 spinach, 1/3 shredded mozzarella cheese, and 2 cups of sauce.
- Next, layer 3 more noodles, followed by ham, 1/2 spinach, 1/3 mozzarella cheese, and 2 cups of sauce.
- Next, layer final 3 lasagna noodles, followed by 2 cups sauce, and final 1/3 mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake in 350°F oven until heated through. (about 30-40 minutes).