Recipe by wikd_lil_one
I came across this recipe and my daughter loves it! You can add shrimp, chicken, broccoli or whatever you like.
- 1 lb uncooked fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package, omit salt and fat. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, sauté 30 seconds. Add reserved pasta water and cream cheese; whisk to smooth.
- Combine broth and flour in a small stirring bowl, whisk to smooth. Add flour mixture to pan, stir with whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat add romano cheese, stir until smooth; add half-and-half.