Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious, cheesy, no meat meal, that's filling and satisfying. You might even get your kids to eat this one, since most kids love cheese. Although I love tomato sauce based lasagnas, I find that the white sauce goes better with the vegetables in this recipe. Buon appetito!
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle (9 noodles)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup broccoli floret, cut small if necessary
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped and divided
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Fill a 9x13 inch baking pan with salted, very hot tap water. Soak lasagna noodles in this for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine and steam carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, and zucchini in microwave for about 4 minutes. Drain any liquid from vegetables. Gently toss with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Sauté onions and garlic over medium heat, stirring often until onions are transparent.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper. Cook until bubbly.
- Add broth, milk, oregano, basil and 2 tablespoons parsley. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce into 9x13 inch baking pan. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles.
- Spread 1 container of ricotta cheese on top of noodles. Top with ½ of the spinach. Top spinach with ½ of the combined vegetables.
- Arrange with another layer of 3 noodles, half of the remaining ricotta, ½ of the parmesan cheese, remaining spinach, vegetables and mozzarella, and 1/3 of the sauce.
- Arrange remaining 3 noodles over top. Spread remainder of sauce; sprinkle with remainder of the parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until bubbly.
Really good, and without any tomatoes, Some people are allergic to tomatoes.