1 hr 10 mins
A delicious, cheesy, no meat meal, that's filling and satisfying. You might even get your kids to eat this one, since most kids love cheese. Although I love tomato sauce based lasagnas, I find that the white sauce goes better with the vegetables in this recipe. Buon appetito!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lasagna noodle (9 noodles)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup broccoli floret, cut small if necessary
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped and divided
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 2Fill a 9x13 inch baking pan with salted, very hot tap water. Soak lasagna noodles in this for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 3Combine and steam carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, and zucchini in microwave for about 4 minutes. Drain any liquid from vegetables. Gently toss with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Melt butter in saucepan. Sauté onions and garlic over medium heat, stirring often until onions are transparent.
- 5Add flour, salt, and pepper. Cook until bubbly.
- 6Add broth, milk, oregano, basil and 2 tablespoons parsley. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 7Spread 1/3 of the sauce into 9x13 inch baking pan. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles.
- 8Spread 1 container of ricotta cheese on top of noodles. Top with ½ of the spinach. Top spinach with ½ of the combined vegetables.
- 9Arrange with another layer of 3 noodles, half of the remaining ricotta, ½ of the parmesan cheese, remaining spinach, vegetables and mozzarella, and 1/3 of the sauce.
- 10Arrange remaining 3 noodles over top. Spread remainder of sauce; sprinkle with remainder of the parmesan cheese and parsley.
- 11Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Cheese Vegetable Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.3
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.2 mg
- Sodium 650.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g