1/3 Photos of White Cheese Lasagna
1 hr 39 mins
1 hr 19 mins
This is different from most "white" lasagnas on the site....it has ground chuck in it. Of course, you can substitute ground turkey or even chopped chicken, but I think it tastes best with the ground chuck. This is very creamy, cheesy, and rich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground chuck (can sub ground sirloin or ground turkey)
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chablis (or other dry white wine)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (8 oz...I use 2% to make it less greasy)
- 1 1/2 cups gouda cheese, shredded (6 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese (2% is fine, or even fat free)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, slices
- 1Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions; drain well. Sprinkle with olive oil; toss gently, and set aside.
- 2Cook the ground chuck, onion, celery, and garlic in a large skillet until the meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat. Drain mixture, and return to skillet.
- 3Add half and half and the next 5 ingredients; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the cream cheese melts. Add the wine, cheddar cheese, and gouda cheese; cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4Combine the cottage cheese and egg in a small bowl, stirring well. Set aside.
- 5Layer half of the reserved noodles in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Top with half the reserved meat mixture, half the cottage cheese mixture, and half the mozzarella cheese slices. Repeat layers, omitting the mozzarella. Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Top with the remaining mozzarella, and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Cheese Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.5
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 155.7 mg
- Sodium 842.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 37.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning