Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
That yummy white cheese dip served in Texas restaurants with lots of fresh, salty tortilla chips. A dear friend asked me to find THE recipe that she loves so much. After much work she finally says I have got it right! Whew! Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by mare422
I tried this recipe and found that you can not use the Monterey Jack cheese, it does not melt correctly. I would highly recommend finding the Asadero or the Chihuahua cheese or even the Creama. I had to use more of the half and half to keep it thin.
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup asadero cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, minced (optional)
- chopped jalapeno (optional)
- cilantro leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except garnish of course, in a microwaveable bowl that has been sprayed or brushed with oil.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir.
- Continue microwaving at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- Note- you can make this with canned poblano rajas or fresh roasted ones if you like.
- ***For a hotter dip use Pepper Jack cheese.