Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband and I had this incredible cheese dip at a local mexican restaurant. We asked what ingredients were in the dip and they would only tell us a few. So, we made this up...it's almost exactly the same! SO GOOD!! Don't skip the jalapeno juice, it doesn't add any heat in this ratio, just taste--it tastes so much better with it than without it.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounces quesadilla melting cheese or 12 ounces chihuahua cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons juice from canned jalapenos (to taste)
- In a large sauce pan, combine cream cheese, mozzarella and quesadilla cheese. Add whipping cream.
- On medium low heat, melt cheeses until smooth.
- Add sour cream, parmesan and jalapeno juice. Stir until combined and completely smooth.
- Remove from heat, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (it will need to be reheated in the microwave and stirred to combine again if left in the refrigerator before eating).
- Delicious with chips, quesadillas, pizza, or macaroni and cheese!