Recipe by carolinerenee
I tried for years to make the White Cheese Dip they make in the Mexican restaurants in the southern states only to never be able to figure out just what the ingredients were. Then one day I came across the secret by accident and found out it was just the simplest of ingredients. Edited to add, after doing more experimenting, I have found that not all brands of Mexican Style Cream are the same. The brand that I used in Boston which I have listed here in the ingredients has cream cheese in it and is a certain consistency that other creams may vary on. You may have to tweak it by adding a little cream cheese if the mexican style cream you are using does not list it in it's ingredients and the consistency may vary as well.
- 1⁄3 cup quesos la ricura Mexican crema (Mexican Style Cream)
- 2 slices of kraft white American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwavable bowl pour the mexican style cream and put the 2 pieces of cheese on top.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and stir, then microwave for another 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with Tortilla chips, or on your favorite Mexican food such as in place of other cheese on Tacos or Nachos.
- To make it spicy, you can add diced pickled Jalapenos.