Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tired of the same old orange cheese dip? Try this and you will never buy Velveeta again!
- 1 lb white processed cheese (if you can find Land o' Lakes white American easy-melt cheese it is best. If not, any white American)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup canned jalapeno slices, nacho slices in vinegar-undrained
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In saucepan heat milk to a simmer.
- Cube cheese.
- Add to milk and stir until melted.
- In blender jar add jalapenos and juice; blend till minced.
- Add to melted cheese.
- Add garlic and salt.
- Serve with tortilla chips or use as a sauce for chimichangas or burritos.
This is a great, quick and easy dip. We loved the creamy White American cheese. The only thing I did different was cut back on the jalapenos by half and it was perfect for us. Thanks for sharing this great little dip, Robin Pena.
This ended up really salty. There was enough salt in the cheese that additional was not necessary. Next time we will also add more peppers.