Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Creamy, cheesy, belly-pleasy—comfort food at its finest.
Make and share this White Cheese and Chicken Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 9 whole lasagna noodles (not Oven-ready)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 whole onion, Chopped
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, Divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, Divided, Plus
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, For Topping (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups chicken, Cooked Cubed
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, Thawed And Drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in flour and salt; simmer until bubbly.
- Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Season with basil, oregano and ground black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture on the bottom of the 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, and all of the ricotta and the chicken. Arrange 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken and layer with 1/4 of the sauce mixture, the spinach, and the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange remaining noodles over cheese and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and additional 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.