Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Scalloped potatoes never had it so good. Taken from Bon Appetit magazine.
Make and share this White Cheddar Potato Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish.
- Whisk together cream, shallots, rosemary, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Put half of the potatoes in the baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Add a second layer of potatoes.
- Pour cream mixture over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake about 45 minutes more, until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Amazing recipe. Super easy to make, very tasty and a huge hit at Easter dinner. I made exactly as directed and it couldn't have been better.
OK here are my switches and goofs: I forgot to get shallots, so I left them out. I used 2 C. heavy whipping cream and 1/2 C. low-fat. I swapped a red pepper flake seasoning for 1/4 tsp black pepper. Nonetheless, the process was easy and the result was delicious. Forget about calorie counting on this one--it's very rich and yummy!
This is one of my favorite recipes from Bon Appetit, too, Lucy. So simple, but really yummy! I just wanted to note that this isn't one of those recipes that can be 'lightened' very successfully. Half-and-half will usually curdle, so it's best to just forget about calories for once and enjoy.