- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the potatoes with water in a large saucepan and add 2 tsp salt. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes (check with fork). Drain well.
- Place the hot potatoes in a large mixer bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Add the butter and sour cream and whip for 20-30 seconds. Add the remaining 1 tsp salt, white pepper, and cheddar. Whip to incorporate. Add the cream and whip until the potatoes are smooth.