This is the ultimate comfort food! I loved when my Mom made this for us when I was a kid. It's definitely decadent, I make it mostly for family get-togethers and it's always a hit. The sharp cheese and the breadcrumb crust make this macaroni dish unique. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook macaroni pasta per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- 3In a medium saucepan on medium heat, add butter and cook until melted.
- 4Remove saucepan from heat and add flour. Whisk constantly for 1 minute.
- 5Return saucepan to medium heat and add milk and stir to combine.
- 6Heat mixture until Milk is hot but not boiling.
- 7Chop white cheddar cheese into smaller squares (you can also grate cheese) and add to milk mixture.
- 8Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- 9Add Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Cook until all cheese is melted, about 2 more minutes.
- 10Add macaroni noodles to saucepan and stir to combine pasta with cheese sauce.
- 11Pour into a casserole dish or a ceramic, oven-safe crock.
- 12Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of macaroni.
- 13Cook uncovered for 30 minutes. Let sit for 3-5 minutes after cooking to cool.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1019.3
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.8 mg
- Sodium 945.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 44.5 g