Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf unsliced pumpernickel bread
- red apple, sliced
- green apple, sliced
- In 8-cup measure, combine cheese, flour, dry mustard and onion powder.
- Toss to coat.
- Stir in half-and-half and Worcestershire sauce.
- Microwave at%50 (Medium) for 5 to 7 minutes, or until mixture can be stirred smooth, stirring twice with whisk.
- Set aside.
- Cut to 1 to 1 1/2-inch slice from top of bread.
- Cut around inside of loaf, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around outside.
- Remove center, leaving at least 1 inch of bread on bottom.
- Cut center and top into pieces for dipping.
- Spoon warm cheese mixture into bread shell.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve with bread cubes and apples slices for dippers.
This was delicious. We do not care for pumpernickle so I used sunflower seed bread which added a nice texture. Excellent with Sun Chips. Leftover dip is going to be spread on bread with ham slices to make sandwiches tomorrow. Next time I plan on using extra sharp cheddar cheese. Thanks Kevin!