Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
From Gooseberry Patch The Cozy Home Cookbook.
Make and share this White Cheddar-Asparagus Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut into florets
- 1⁄2 cup white rice, uncooked
- 3 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 4 cups milk
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Saute onion in butter until soft and tender.
- Transfer mixture to a large soup pot; blend in broth, bouillon, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and rice.
- Simmer about 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add in asparagus and spinach; return to a simmer.
- Blend in milk; continue to simmer over low heat until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt/pepper.
- Garnish with cheese.