White Cheddar and Scallion Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease two 12-cup mini-muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne.
- Work in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal with some small pieces of butter still visible.
- Add the scallion greens, cheese and milk and stir with a wooden spoon just until the dough comes together.
- Scoop the dough into the mini-muffin tins. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top.
- Transfer the muffin tins to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm.