1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Discovered this in an old Southern Living Cookbook. I made this for Christmas years ago and the entire family still raves about it. After digging through dozens of cookbooks I decided to post it here. Little sister has asked me to make this for Christmas again this year. Cook time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 lb white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1/4 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1Combine graham cracker crumbs, pecans and butter, stirring until blended. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 375º for 8 minutes; cool.
- 2Place white chocolate in top of double boiler; bring water to boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts. Let cool slightly.
- 3Combine cream cheese and sour cream in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition making sure to scrape the sides often. Add vanilla and cooled chocolate, stirring just until blended.
- 4Pour filling into prepared pan, bake at 300º for 50 minutes or until cheesecake is almost set. Turn oven off, partially open oven door. Leave cake in oven additional 30 minutes. Removed cake from oven and cool on wire rack; chill.
- 5Drain mandarin oranges, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Combine mandarin oranges and Cointreau; stir gently. Set aside for 30 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- 6Drain oranges, reserving Cointreau; set oranges aside. Combine reserved 1/2 cup orange liquid, reserved Cointreau, orange juice and cornstarch in saucepan; stir well. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly; cool slightly.
- 7Remove outer rim of springform pan, place cheesecake on serving plate. Arrange orange sections in center and around the outer edge of cheesecake. Spoon glaze over the oranges and cheesecake; chill.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chcocolate Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.6
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 133.4 mg
- Sodium 318.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 37.0 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: