Recipe by Baby Chevelle
This is the first place winner for 2005 in a White Castle Hamburger cookoff.
- 10 White Castle hamburgers
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot mashed potatoes or wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If hamburgers have pickles; remove them.
- Seperate meat from buns. separate tops from bottoms.
- place all buns on cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven a few minutes until lightly toasted.
- Boil bouillon cube with water until it is dissolved.
- In skillet, melt butter. Saute mushrooms until lightly browned.
- In separate saucepan, mix soup and Worcestershire sauce. Slowly whisk in bouillon mixture. Add crumbled sandwich meat and onion.
- Add mushrooms. Heat over medium heat until thoroughly warmed.
- Cut toasted buns into croutons.
- Serve mushroom and burger mixture over potatoes, or noodles. Top with croutons.