Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
Found this recipe on the web. Honestly, I've never had a White Castle slider but the photos looked so amazing I just had to keep this recipe and share it. They can be prepared ahead of time and reheated.....see 'note'.
- Evenly spread the onions on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Gently press the ground beef on top of the onion flakes.
- Press evenly making one giant patty.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Using a paper towel, pat the excess grease from the top of the patty.
- Top with cheddar cheese, return to oven for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, let set 5 minutes then cut into 24 patties.
- Slice open and separate each party roll.
- Place bottom of rolls on a large platter.
- Using a spatula lift patty with onion layer onto each bun bottom.
- Top each slider with a pickle slice then the bun lid.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 24 sliders.
- Note- To make ahead -- store upside-down in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will prevent the bottom bun from getting soggy from the onion layer. To reheat, place a few on a microwave safe plate and heat in the microwave for 20 seconds then 5 second increments after that until warm through.
Thanks for the recipe! We loved these :) I didn't change a thing, made as posted. I have been asked to make it again and again.
very good. I am a White Castle lover and there are none in Houston where I live now. You missed the holes. The holes are very important in the cooking also the bread. If we can find who they use for a supplier it would be perfect, But the trick is in the holes. That way they are cooked perfectly and fast.
Great recipe and easy!!