Prep1 hr 30 mins
Make and share this White Castle Hamburgers (Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- Place ground beef,onion powder, salt and 1/2 cup of the water in a food process, and process for a few seconds to ensure that water,onion powder and salt are blended through the beef.
- Place plastic wrap on the counter. Place hamburger in the middle, then place another pieces of plastic wrap on top of the meat.
- Roll the hamburger out to 1/4-inch thick. Remove plastic wrap cut meat into 3-inch squares. Poke holes in each piece five times with a plastic straw.
- Cover hamburger squares with plastic wrap. Freeze until partially frozen, but not frozen solid.
- Place onions, beef bouillon and 1/2 cup water in a frying pan. Sauté over medium-low heat, stirring until the onions are soft, and adding more water as needed.
- Remove from heat until ready to cook hamburger patties.
- To prepare patties, heat frying pan over medium-low heat, add water to onions just until the bottom of the frying pan is covered.
- Place patties in pan; cover with lid. It will only take a short time for the patties to cook on one side. Turn, and cook on the other side for a very short time. The patties should be juicy.
- When done place each hamburger on top of a roll. Add pickles, then cover hamburgers so they heat up the roll.