Recipe by yooper
I've never tried this recipe, but thought I'd pass it along for those who've heard about it. I myself would saute the celery and add a chopped onion to the mixture. I imagine you could also bake this in a covered dish for 30 minutes or so instead of stuffing the bird.
- 10 White Castle hamburgers (see note)
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, tear the White Castle Hamburgers into pieces and add diced celery and seasonings.
- Toss and add chicken broth.
- Toss well.
- Stuff cavity of turkey just before roasting.
- Makes about 9 cups (enough for a 10-12 pound turkey).
- Note: If hamburgers are bought at a White Castle restaraunt, remove the pickles.