Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
OMG.. there isn't even a category for this.. it has to be right up there as the Queen of White Trash Cooking..if you aren't familiar with White Castles..they're similar to Castle Burgers. I found an old W.C. cookbook the other day and this was a winner. You make it up the night before and chill it, so it's ready to bake in the morning.
- 10 frozen White Castle hamburgers
- 1 lb mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons mild green chilies, chopped
- Separate hamburgers and pickles from bun tops and bottoms.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line entire pan, coming up halfway on the sides of the pan with the bottoms and tops of the buns.
- Chop and crumble the hamburger,and sprinkle over the buns evenly.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Combine eggs,milk ,salt and pepper, green chilies (I would throw in a shot or two of Tabasco sauce).
- Pour this mixture over the cheese.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set, uncovered in a preheated 350°F oven.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and the pickles.
Okay, when I saw this recipe I just had to try it. It was surprisingly (I mean White Castles?!) tasty. Very easy to throw together. It was also fun for me and my guests who couldn't believe the ingredients.