Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a little different from the other White Castle recipes on here. These are great -- I can eat a whole tray myself (Well almost)!
- 1 (12 ounce) canhereford corned beef
- 0.5 (2 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- dill pickle slices
- 3 (12 ounce) packages Pepperidge Farm dinner rolls (Party Roll size)
- Mix corned beef, onion soup mix and sour cream together.
- Spread in buns. Put back in tray they came in and wrap in foil.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Place 1 slice of pickle in each.
We don't have Pepperidge Farm rolls here, so we decided to improvise by using normal sliced bread in our rarely used, wedding-present sandwich maker. It was incredibly easy to assemble and bake in the sandwich maker. DH took a bite straight out of the sandwich maker, and I didn't manage to add any pickles to the sandwiches because he kidnapped them all out of the kitchen at that point. Definitely intend to try again, and I won't let DH into the ktichen UNTIL those pickles are in!
To us these didn't taste anything like White Castles and honestly we thought they were nasty tasting but we might have messed up the recipe.
To us these did not taste like White Castle Burgers, but they were very tasty non-the less, a huge hit with my family! Thank You pines506-